Are you frustrated with VLC audio sync issues? Don’t be! You’re not alone. Let’s solve it! This article will help you quickly identify and resolve VLC audio sync issues. Enjoy music and movies without delays. Here we go!
Why do VLC audio synchronization issues occur:
VLC media player, a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player, and framework, is popular for playing audio and video. But users sometimes experience audio sync issues, where the audio doesn’t match the visuals – this can be extremely annoying!
There are many reasons for VLC audio sync issues, including hardware problems like faulty drivers or sound card settings, software issues like wrong codecs or mislabeled files, and even buffer size settings on the VLC media player being too small.
First, to fix these issues, check that the hardware is working properly and the sound card is configured properly. Then try adjusting the buffer size settings on the VLC media player or changing the codec settings, if applicable, to ensure an adequate data transmission rate.
Also, Check: Zoom Videos In Vlc Media Player
How to fix VLC audio synchronization:
VLC media player is massively popular worldwide. Sometimes, audio in your videos can lead or lag behind the video. Fixing this issue in VLC is simple.
Start by checking if this issue appears with other software players or web browsers. If it’s just VLC, follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Tools’> ‘Preferences.’
- Choose ‘Audio’ from the left-hand menu.
- Change the Output Module to either “WaveOut Audio Output” (Windows) or Core Audio (Mac).
- ‘Save’ and exit all dialogues.
- Play the file again to check if the audio and video sync.
Also Check: How To Change Language In Vlc Player
How to fix audio delay in VLC Android:
VLC for Android has an audio delay feature. This is when the video plays faster or slower than the audio track, which can lead to lip-sync problems. Here’s how you can use the audio delay feature to fix it:
- Launch VLC for Android and open the video file.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right of your screen.
- Select Audio Delay from the options menu.
- Use the + and – buttons to adjust the audio track in milliseconds compared to the video track.
- Experiment with different values until it looks right.
- Press OK at the bottom of the menu and start playback again.
- Verify that it looks good.
Other methods to fix VLC audio synchronization issues:
To fix VLC audio syncing, there are a few methods:
- Adjust subtitle delay: Press’ G’ when playing the video. Change’ subtitle delay’ until audio and visual match.
- Update sound drivers: Make sure drivers are up-to-date. Outdated drivers can cause audio issues.
- Delete VLC Media Files: If caches are causing problems, delete contents of the main user folder/vlc/media-files directory.
- Change the clock rate of the output sample format: Go to Tools –\> Preferences. Switch the toggle between 48000 Hz and 44100 Hz.
- Alter buffer values: Go to Tools –\> Preferences and select “Buffers.” Change values to 15ms – 30ms. This may improve synchronization but also reduce performance.
Once you’ve found your audio sync issue’s source, deciding what to do is vital. It could be software- or hardware-related, so use VLC’s settings and options first. Online research or talking to an audio sync specialist might help with more complex issues. Patience and effort will be rewarded with a successful solution.
How can I fix audio synchronization issues in VLC?
- To fix audio synchronization issues in VLC, try adjusting the audio delay in the Playback menu or changing the video output module. Increase the caching value in the Advanced Preferences menu.
What can I do if my audio is still out of sync after adjusting the settings?
- If adjusting the settings doesn’t help, try downloading and installing the latest version of VLC. This should fix any issues you are having with audio synchronization.
What should I do if I still have audio synchronization issues?
- If adjusting the settings and updating VLC doesn’t work, you may need to check for hardware or driver issues. Try updating your sound card drivers and restarting your computer to see if this helps.
- vlc audio delay shortcut
- how to adjust the audio delay in vlc android
- fix audio video sync permanently vlc
- vlc sync audio and save
- vlc audio is out of sync mac
- vlc audio sync android
- vlc converts audio out of sync
- vlc audio delay shortcut mac